If You Were Born Today, March 15: You possess much personal magnetism and inner strength. Often you are drawn to the more challenging of any chosen paths, and you have a strong sense of responsibility. Success comes to you through hard work, as well as a personality that is sweetly persuasive and very likeable. It’s important for you that others see you in a favorable light, and you are helpful and thoughtful not only with the people close to you, but with strangers as well.Famous people born today: Eva Longoria, Fabio Lanzoni, Phil Lesh, Judd Hirsch, Will I Am, Kellan Lutz.
Mashing up your favorite songs really does pay … ‘cause “Glee” star Lea Michele just bought a new house in the L.A. area for $1.4 million. Don’t stop believing!
Michele picked up the 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom house earlier this month. It features a solar-heated salt-water pool, a master suite with French doors and a custom bath with steam shower and tumbled Carrara marble (whatever that is).
The place also has a ton of closet space … you know … to fit the vast majority of “Glee” fans.
I think it’s funny when people say they can’t believe Emma Watson is at the premiere of Struck By Lightning… but you know she may have been famous for longer but Chris is just as big a celebrity as Emma is now. Chris Colfer is a big name too you guys. I mean Emma is probably a fan of him. She’s probably excited to meet him.
April 21, 2012 - The premiere screening of Struck By Lightning’s premiere screening was followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers. Questions were asked by the film’s audience, including Harry Potter star, Emma Watson. (Be aware of a spoiler given by Roberto Aguire in his answer to Emma’s final question.)
In Sacramento, a county judge has taken “victim-blaming” to a whole new level, ordering that a rape victim be jailedwhile awaiting the trial of her rapist.
The 17-year-old had failed to appear for two previous court dates to testify against Frank William Rackley, 37, who is accused of abducting and raping her and is believed to be a serial rapist. Judge Lawrence Brown claimed to be “terribly sorry” about the position the young woman is in, but his sympathy didn’t stop him from ordering that she remain in a juvenile detention center until April 23, Rackley’s next trial date.
Rape trials are notoriously traumatic for victims; frequently, the attempts to discredit a rape victim’s credibility and character leads her to feel that she is actually the one on trial. Victims’ fear of further violations they will receive at the hands of the justice system—from inappropriate and irrelevant questions about their sexual histories to accusations that they are simply lying—is undoubtedly one of the many reasons why rape is already one of the most underreported crimes, with only 46 percent reported to police and only a small fraction of those ultimately going to trial. And it is highly likely that fear is precisely what prevented this young victim from showing up for two previous court dates. But rather than striving to create an environment in which she could testify comfortably and safely, Judge Brown decided to take punitive action against her instead.
An effective way to make women to continue afraid to report rape and testify against their abusers.
3. What plays and/or musicals have you been in? Pit crew in HS only
5. Performers you want to meet. I want to meet the Keenan-Bolger clan
6. Are you a triple threat? (singer, actor, dancer) nope
7. Do you think Wicked should have gotten the Tony over Avenue Q? Why or why not? nope
8. If you could describe your life in comparison to any play or musical, what would it be? Not the whole show but the song "Superboy and the Invisible Girl" from Next to Normal.
9. Do you wish your life were a musical? Sure
10. What shows have you seen? How many have actually been Broadway performances? Too many to list. Nearly all have been Broadway performances. Only a few have been regional or tours.
11. Anthony Rapp or Adam Pascal? At first Adam (circa 1996) but now Anthony.
12. Idina Menzel or Kristin Chenoweth? Idina
13. Were you a fan of Lea Michele before she shot to fame on Glee? Yes. She's the reason I watched Glee
14. If you could revive any play or musical what would it be? Spring Awakening closed too soon.
15. Do you like when Glee covers Broadway songs? Why or why not? yes because any exposure Broadway can get is awesome.
18. Have you been to Times Square? yes
19. Have you met any stars at the stage door? see below
20. Who's autograph do you have? gavin creel, aaron tveit, alice ripley, adam chanler-berat, jen damiano, louis hobson, marin mazzie, kyle dean massey, jason danieley, meaghann fahey, bobby steggert, the rest of the Ragtime cast, Josh Lamon, and some of the Starshine cast. I don't stagedoor a lot but did with a friend a few times.
21. How many shows have you seen more than once? 6
22. How old were you when you saw your first play/musical? 7ish
23. Do you watch bootlegs online? depends
25. This or That:Chicago or Wicked wicked
26. This or That:Next to Normal or Billy Elliot next to normal
27. Do you have multiple versions of one song or cast recording? yes
29. What do you think of Barbra Streisand? beautiful voice, ruiner of movies
30 . Which Broadway star do you believe has 'the voice of a generation'? gavin creel
34. Did you do show choir in school? no
35. In addition to live theatre, do you enjoy old hollywood movies?yes
36. Who do you ship yourself with? i don't do this
37. How many playbills do you have? too many to count
38. Do you keep your show tickets? yes
39. Do you own any Broadway swag? (i.e. t-shirts, posters, pins, etc. etc.) yes
40. Would you live in New York City without having a career in theatre? yes. I live an hour away and go in as much as I can but if I ever win the lottery, that's the first thing I'm doing is buying a place in the city.
Kurt Hummel walked slowly down his high school hallway for the very last time. He took in all the different classrooms as he past. The cooking classroom where Artie had sung to Brittany junior year for prom. The spanish classroom where Mr. Martínez had sung them current songs in Spanish. Kurt swore to the teacher he learned better that way. He smiled to himself. He stopped in front of a quaint classroom. He pushed on the door lightly. It opened with that familiar creak and he stepped inside.
He sat down at the piano and gracefully started playing. As he looked around, he couldn’t help but feel a little emotional. This is where it all began. He flinched as his memories slowly began to unravel. He shoved them aside and focused on music.
He gently touched the keys. He’d only practiced the beginning of this song with Blaine when they were brainstorming duet ideas and-
Kurt couldn’t imagine even a day without Blaine. How was he going to do this? They’d talked about it all the time this whole year and now that it was happening, it felt like everything was moving too fast. He couldn’t breathe.
He held back a sob and kept playing, pushing the thoughts from his mind.
“I’ve waited a hundred years, I’d wait a million more for you,” a voice sang behind him.
Kurt turned quickly, his hands faltering on the piano keys. He saw a young man.
“Nothing prepared me for what the privilege of being your’s would do,” Blaine Anderson sang acapella, staring straight at his boyfriend.
Blaine was standing there in his dark blue skinny jeans and button-up (with a signature bowtie), staring at Kurt as if he was the most perfect being in the world.
“If I had only felt the warmth within your touch, if I had only seen how you smile when you blush.” He walked toward Kurt slowly, hesitantly, and maybe even nervously. “Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough. I would’ve known what I was living for all along,” he caressed Kurt’s cheek, “what I’ve been living for.”
Kurt looked up at him. There was no need for words. They just needed each other. Forever. He rose up slowly and took Blaine’s hands into his own.
There was no music. Still, Kurt sang.
“Your love is my turning page. Only the sweetest words remain.”
Blaine found a harmony. Together, their passionate voices rang throughout the empty school. “Every kiss is a cursive line. Every touch is a redefining phrase.”
Kurt felt tears swelling inside of him. “I don’t want to go. Please, Blaine. Tell me not to. Tell me not to go,” he repeated.
Blaine shook his head, tears streaming down his face now. “No, Kurt,” he said gently. “You have to show the world what you can do. You’ve already shown me,” his voice caught as he stared into Kurt’s eyes. “Now, go show them, okay?
Kurt put his head on Blaine’s shoulder and cried.
It shouldn’t be like this, he thought. “It isn’t fair,” he whispered.
Blaine paused for a minute and then whispered into Kurt’s ear, “You make me feel like I’m living a teenage dream.”
“No matter where you are, Kurt. It won’t matter. That will always stay the same.”
umm….paging Ryan Murphy/Ian Brennan/Brad Falchuk…you found your final Klaine scene of Season 3.